So I know, its been awhile....
So I know its been, oh, a month since I've posted anything, and I'm sorry. It takes time! But what has happened since then...hmm....well.....ALOT!
We took a trip to Soreaksan National Park over the Labor day and it was a welcomed break (even tho we had only been in school like a week at that point :) ) It was sooooooooo pretty, even through the rain and chilly conditions. Pyongtaek is located on the west coast of Korea where Soreaksan is on the east cost, in the BEAUTIFUL mountains. Loved it. I so want to go back. Actually it would be nice to actually get to tavel more.....in a car....wishful thinking I believe. Anyways, this was also a new experince for me, the Korean "resort". Our "condo" included 3 rooms, a t.v., "kitchen", and bathroom. Our beds were folded in the closet. Yes, thats right. I slept for the first time on a "yo". Basically, a thick blanket. This was not the most pleasent experience for this side sleeper.
The weekend included a trip to Seoreak National Park to climb a mountain (hard, but so worth it), then to the beach.
Here are some pictures from Soreak.
Yes, a sunset in the bathroom.
So this is our end goal, to climb the top of this rock. How, you ask? Look closely, those are stairs on the side of that mountain. And we climbed those. But as you can see by the pictures, it was totally worth it. Pictures don't do it justice.
The group that made it ALLL the way to the very top. Left to right: Tad, Dakota, Casey, Matt, Me, and Laura. Girls gotta stick together.
You can't climb a mountain and not spit down. Its a right of passage. Duh.
Climbing was hard work. Ha.
Laura and I representin the girls.
On the way down. You have never seen anything so green. That's just a little picture of the whole valley.
Dakota and Casey on the stairs....
This dude, climbed up the entire way up with this on his back. He has alot of gas. hehe
After going to the mountain, we went to the beach. Now it was raining, cold, but we still went anyway. We stopped by a lighthouse on our way to the beach. It was just cool to see the ocean. From the other side!!
At the lighthouse by the beach. I look like a little kid on her first vacation.
The light house we visited. More stairs :(
The beach. The weather was horrible. Raining, chilly. The waves were huge. But that didn't stop this group of dedicated 'swimmers'. They were bound and determined to get in the ocean, even if it ment running down the beach to escape the lifeguards...
Been in on both sides of the Pacific!
Yummy. Not.
Not quite Hawaii, but it works!
So that was my Labor day trip. I promise I'll be better at keeping ya'll updated. We have an internet phone so you can call us whenever! It is an Arkansas number so it is free for you! Try it out!
(501) 588-0895
Love you all.
1 comment:
Yay for an update! Hope grandad is happy. Seriously, what's up with all these picky relatives who want us to keep updating all the time. hehe.
Post a Comment